1st Tier Service Desk
- Primary entry point for end-user support on all centrally provided IT Services, including Network and Desktop support.
- Records and monitors all IT incidents, such as unscheduled service interruptions.
- Receives inquiries and service requests from end-users, and records all pertinent information on the first contact.
- Performs initial assessment (determines urgency and impact, prioritize incidents), and attempts to resolve users’ issues.
- Escalates issues to appropriate second or third tier support if necessary; refers users to appropriate departments within McGill, if applicable.
- Broadcasts emergency messages on the IT website and Service Desk phone system to advise users of unscheduled IT service interruptions.
- Informs users of maintenance schedules and expected downtimes via the IT Services web-site.
- Maintains the IT Knowledge Base to help users find solutions and workarounds to common problems.
- Service Catalogue Entry: IT Service Desk
2nd Tier Network and Desktop Support
- Management, maintenance, and life-cycle management of all Fully Supported customer computers, and associated standard peripherals
- Computer installation, replacement, and upgrades
- Software installation and deployment
- Support for connectivity to the wired and wireless networks and communication with other computers on the network
- On-site end-user support for all enterprise applications where required
- Monitoring, Management and Security Software
- Network connection to server for software
- Technical support of server
- Follow-up with customer